Frequently Asked Questions
What are the holistic descriptors and grading scale?
Click here to read about the holistic descriptors and the grading scale.
How do I resume operational status after a non-operational score (below 4)?
What happens if I answer a question wrong?
What happens if another person, or my dog, enters the room during my test?
I understand everything people tell me in English, but I have a hard time with the English language, what do I do?
When and how will I receive my assessment?
How safe is my payment?
Why do you need a picture of my passport or other official identification document and what do you do with it?
We need a scanned copy of your passport or other official identification document to verify the identity of the person taking the test.
Do I need Flash Player to take the language test?
Yes – you must have Flash Player installed and enabled in order to take the test. To install, update, or troubleshoot problems with Flash Player, please go to https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html
Can I log out and continue my test later?
Yes – you simply use your user ID and password to log in again and the test will continue from your last answered question.
What do you do with my data and recordings once I have finished my assessment?
Graded test data is required by the authorities to be stored for 6 years and is then deleted. The recordings are deleted after 60 days.
Exactly what is evaluated and who assesses my language skills?
- communicate effectively in both voice-only (telephone/radiotelephone) and face-to-face situations;
- communicate about common, concrete and work-related topics with accuracy and clarity;
- use appropriate communicative strategies to exchange messages and to recognize and resolve misunderstandings (e.g. to check, confirm or clarify information) in a general or work-related context;
- handle successfully and with relative ease the linguistic challenges presented by a complication or unexpected turn of events that occurs within the context of an otherwise familiar routine work situation or communicative task; and
- use a dialect or accent which is intelligible to the aeronautical community.
What do I do once I have completed the test?
One of our Language Assessors will assess your test within 5 working days; once this is completed, a verification of your Language Assessment grade will be forwarded to you by email.
Can I take the test on my phone/tablet?
No, you need to use a computer. As Flash player is required for the recording, you need to use a device which supports flash.