Frequently Asked Questions
What are the holistic descriptors and grading scale?
Click here to read about the holistic descriptors and the grading scale.
How do I resume operational status after a non-operational score (below 4)?
What happens if I answer a question wrong?
What happens if another person, or my dog, enters the room during my test?
I understand everything people tell me in English, but I have a hard time with the English language, what do I do?
When and how will I receive my assessment?
How safe is my payment?
Why do you need a picture of my passport or other official identification document and what do you do with it?
We need a scanned copy of your passport or other official identification document to verify the identity of the person taking the test.
Can I log out and continue my test later?
Yes – you simply use your user ID and password to log in again and the test will continue from your last answered question.
What do you do with my data and recordings once I have finished my assessment?
Exactly what is evaluated and who assesses my language skills?
- communicate effectively in both voice-only (telephone/radiotelephone) and face-to-face situations;
- communicate about common, concrete and work-related topics with accuracy and clarity;
- use appropriate communicative strategies to exchange messages and to recognize and resolve misunderstandings (e.g. to check, confirm or clarify information) in a general or work-related context;
- handle successfully and with relative ease the linguistic challenges presented by a complication or unexpected turn of events that occurs within the context of an otherwise familiar routine work situation or communicative task; and
- use a dialect or accent which is intelligible to the aeronautical community.
What do I do once I have completed the test?
When you have completed the test, you will schedule a live online video interview with one of our assessors. After the interview, the assessor will assess your test within 2 working days; once this is completed, a verification of your Language Assessment grade will be sent to you by email.
Can I take the test on my phone/tablet?
No, you need to use a computer. We are working on a support for mobile devices and expect to release an update by the end of 2020. You can however use most modern smartphones and tablets for the live online video interview part of the test.
I cannot hear the audio question. What should I do?
Make sure that that you are using the latest version of your web browser. We recommed using Chrome, Firefox, Edge or Safari to take the test. If you are experiencing issues with one of the browsers, please switch to a differnet one and try again. It’s alright to miss one of the questions due to technical reasons. However, if you are experiencing continuous audio playback issues please get in touch with us.
I have accidentally skipped/missed a question. Do I need to retake the test?
It is alright if you by accident skip a question. You will be assessed based on your answers from the other questions.